TAX TOOLS & FINANCIAL CALCULATORS
All tools provided by CalcXML and the IRS
Check the status of your refund. Find the proper forms for your tax preparation.
Choose your State to check on your Refund
Choose your State to find a Form or Publication
Important Tax Dates for 2020
IRS official tax dates you need to stay on top of your taxes.
Due to the Coronavirus national emergency, the IRS has extended deadlines for individuals and businesses as part of the tax relief plan.
- Federal income tax return deadline: July 15
- Federal income tax payment deadline: July 15
- Quarter 1 estimated tax payment deadline: July 15
- Optional suspension of OIC payments: July 15
- Optional suspension of installment agreement payments: July 15
- Quarter 2 estimated tax deadline: June 15
Individual taxpayers can file a tax extension if more time to file is needed beyond the new July 15 deadline.
2020 Federal Legal Holidays
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 20 – Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- February 17 – Washington’s Birthday
- May 25 – Memorial Day
- July 3 – Independence Day
- September 7 – Labor Day
- October 14 – Columbus Day
- November 11 – Veterans’ Day
- November 26 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 – Christmas Day
Tax Calculators – Provided by CalcXML
- What is my potential estate tax liability?
- Federal income tax calculator
- Should I adjust my payroll withholdings?
- Will my investment interest be deductible?
- How much self-employment tax will I pay?
- Capital gains (losses) tax estimator
- Compare taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free investment growth
- How much of my social security benefit may be taxed?
- What are the tax implications of paying interest?
- Should I itemize or take the standard deduction?
- What is my tax-equivalent yield?
- Tax refund estimator
- Tax freedom day
- Lease or buy an automobile?
- Loan vs. 0% dealer financing?
- What would my auto payments be?
- Upgrade to a more fuel efficient vehicle?
- Auto loan: accelerated payoff
- How much vehicle can I afford?
- How much should I be saving for college?
- Can I pay back my student loans?
- Advantages of the Coverdell ESA
- Advantages of a 529 college savings plan
- The value of a college education?
- Payments on a parental (PLUS) loan?
- Live on campus, off campus or at home?
Home & Mortgage
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I refinance my home mortgage (break even)?
- Mortgage calculator
- Comparing mortgage terms (i.e. 15, 20, 30 year)
- Should I pay discount points for A lower interest rate?
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- Should I convert to a bi-weekly payment schedule?
- Compare a ‘no-cost’ versus traditional mortgage
- What are the tax savings generated by my mortgage?
- Which is better: fixed or adjustable-rate mortgage?
- Adjustable rate mortgage calculator
- How do closing costs impact the interest rate?
- Compare an interest-only versus traditional mortgage
Paycheck & Benefits
- How much is my company bonus after taxes?
- How will payroll adjustments affect my take-home pay?
- Convert my salary to an equivalent hourly wage
- Convert my hourly wage to an equivalent salary
- Future value of my employee stock options?
- Exercise my “in-the-money” stock options?
- What may my 401(k) be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 401(k) contribution?
- What may my 457 Plan be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 457 Plan contribution?
- Will retirement impact my living expenses?
- How much will I need for retirement?
- Are my current retirement savings sufficient?
- Social Security retirement income estimator
- How does inflation impact my retirement income needs?
- I’m retired, how long will my savings last?
- When should I begin saving for retirement?
- Convert discretionary expenses to savings?
- How much retirement income may my 401(k) provide?
- Compare a Roth 401(k) to a Traditional 401(K)
- Does inflation impact my standard of living?
- How much am I spending?
- How much do I need for emergencies?
- Pay down debt or invest more?
- How long will my money last?
- Should my spouse work?
- What is my current net worth?
- What is my projected net worth?
- What is my current cash flow?
- What is my projected cash flow?
- Value of reducing or foregoing expenses
- Historical inflation – compare purchasing power
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card?
- How long until my loan is paid off?
- What are my loan payments?
- What is the balance owing on my loan?
- Consolidate my personal debt?
- Re-structuring debts for accelerated payoff
- Cash up front or payments over time?
- Impact of making extra debt payments?
- Pay off debts or invest the money?
- Estimate my credit score
- How much life insurance do I need?
- What is my life expectancy?
- What are my needs for burial and final expenses?
- How much disability income insurance do I need?
- What are the chances of becoming disabled?
- What are my long-term care insurance needs?
- How much will I earn in my lifetime?
- What are the tax advantages of an annuity?
- How long will my current life insurance proceeds last?
- What is the future value of an annuity?
- Which is better, comprehensive plan or high-deductible plan with HSA?
- Compare a taxable investment to a tax-deferred investment
- Evaluate my company pension payout options
- How much can I contribute to an IRA?
- Retirement income from my IRA provider?
- Convert to a Roth IRA?
- Qualified plan is worth what retirement?
- Current year required minimum distribution?
- Projected required minimum distributions?
- Lump sum distribution options?
- Maximize my employer 401(k) match?
- Impact of borrowing from my 401(k) plan?
- Impact of early withdrawal from my 401(k)?
- I’m self-employed, how much can I contribute to a retirement plan?
- Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) vs. IRA Rollover?
- Becoming a millionaire
- Income generated by a savings plan
- How long will it take to double my money?
- How long until my savings reach my goal?
- Save now vs. save later
- How much should I save to reach my goal?
- What will my current savings grow to?
- Calculate rate of return
- How do taxes and inflation impact my return?
- What is my effective annual yield?
Tax Tools for Online Filing
At Superior Tax Services, we’re happy to provide tax tools and other resources for online filing. These tools and calculators can not only help you prepare your taxes and understand the process, but can inform you on what type of documents you need to file on-the-go online or receive a tax advance. Doing your taxes like a pro is easy when you know where to find tools that expedite the processing of returns and schedules!
Table of Contents for Tax Tools and Calculators
Use the following links to navigate the tax tools for online filing:
- Tax Refund Estimator
- Federal Income Tax Estimator
- Track Federal Tax Returns
- Search IRS Publications
- Amended Tax Refunds
- Find IRS Tax Forms
The federal tax calculator is located on the lower half of the page, where you will also find other calculators to help you budget for mortgages, cars, college, and other large expenses.
Federal Tax Calculator
When you use the Federal Income Tax Calculator, you can input your client’s information to provide a quick estimate or double-check your results. The other tax tools for online filing include a capital gains tax calculator and a worksheet to compare the advantages of itemizing versus claiming the standard tax deduction.
Federal Refund Estimator
Wondering if you will get a tax refund this year? Use the tax refund estimator to answer this question. By offering these complementary services, it adds an extra touch and attention to detail that leads to satisfied clients. Enter filing status, gross income, IRA contributions, and other relevant information. The more information you include, the more accurate the estimate will be.
IRS Publications and State Publications
As part of the tax tools for online filing, Supreme Tax Services has a search tool for IRS forms and publications. This makes it easy to download forms and fill them out quickly and easily. We do everything we can to help you maximize your revenue!
State Forms & Publications
Individual and business state tax information is easy to access on our page for tax tools for online filing. To begin, select a state. On each state page, we have loaded the forms and instruction documents you’ll need to prepare state tax returns with ease.
Refund Status for State Income Taxes
Check the State Refund Status of your return. This is a convenient one-stop website to download forms and other information. To check the status of an expected state tax refund, click on the state and enter the refund amount and social security number of the taxpayer.
Contact Us Today
In addition to our tax tools and calculators, Superior Tax Services offers a wide variety of financial services, like credit score coaching, online courses on how to become a tax preparer, small business coaching, and more. Contact us for more information or to get started today!